Most of my articles from 2009 onwards can be found on this site. But from time to time Notreallyworking has been notreallywriting for a number of other sites. Sometimes I even got paid for this!
- In 2010 The Guardian published my Comment is Free piece on the scandal of unpaid internships.
- My two contributions to The Guardian Clip Joint feature were on boardroom scenes and pencils.
- My articles for the Huffington Post UK are here, including interviews with designer Sam Ashby and author and illustrator Chris Haughton that haven’t been published elsewhere.
- Some of my earlier reviews for Radio Times are on the magazine’s website. These include: Savage Grace, Synecdoche, New York, The Young Victoria and The Burning Plain.
- In 2011 I covered the BFI London Film Festival for Sound on Sight, a Canadian site that covers just about everything from genre and art house cinema to mainstream movies. All my reviews, including Americano, Dark Horse, The Monk and We Have a Pope are here. You can also read my report on Secret Cinema’s 2011 event on The Battle of Algiers.
- I have also written for Blogcritics and I authored the sports column More Balls than Most.
You can also check out my online portfolio here at clippings.me.
Read. Comment. Enjoy.